Until I Break - M. Leighton Well now, that was, well, that was really different and quite original. Clever even. This is not your typical romance book and you will not be reading about hearts and flowers or will you feel anything like that while reading. What you will get is quite an original spin on romance or something like romance. What you will also get is a book written in such a manner that if you can’t read between the lines and use your own imagination you will be lost. There were a lot of holes in the book. Pieces missing, time going forward without explanation. I had to flip back a few times just to see if I missed something and then realized I just kind of had to fill in the blanks. I am not sure if this is on purpose for this story or if this is the authors style, probably a little of both. It looks like my reviews for The Bad Boys series mentioned I needed more. I am not sure if I like this style of writing. I needed dialogue in places where there just wasn’t any. It wasn’t too much that I couldn’t figure out what was going on but I would have liked to see some of the dialogue and time spent together. Anyway, that is not me being mean, that of course is how I felt when reading, and I am entitled to that opinion :). I liked the book. I liked the concept. The story was a little bit dark and I was surprised by some of it. I was intrigued the whole time and routing for them. Really routing for them because seriously, I did not think we would get a HEA. I mean, it did not feel like we would. Even at the part of the book where it should have happened you didn’t believe it would. I liked getting the dual POV’s. I can’t imagine what this would have been like if we had not gotten to see in both of their heads. Now the end…the next thing you know the book is over. It just kind of stops. Luckily, we get TWO EPILOGUE’S! This is fabulous to me! Both POV’s for the HEA. What an awesome concept! First we get Alec’s and I have to admit, it was like reading about someone I didn’t even know. The change in his thoughts and feelings were the complete opposite of what we got from him through the book. I am happy with that but I was just a little surprised he could change that much. I don’t recall if we got the timing for his epilogue? The Alec we got in the epilogue is some of what I think was missing from the book and I would have liked it explored a little more. Samantha’s epilogue was timed, 4 months later, 4 months from his. Beautiful because even if this is hers, it really is still Alec’s. Wow oh wow, his honesty to her was very perfect and very, very romantic :) However short these two epilogues were, they wrapped everything up nicely and got an extra ★ because of them. Overall I really liked the book. I wasn’t over the moon invested and I think with just a little more something I could have been. But, as I said, I was routing for them and was invested enough that it had me turning the pages pretty quickly chasing the end. Cheers to the author for writing something a little dark, a little deep and a lot different.