Unteachable - Leah Raeder I will start this review with the writing. The writing was beautiful. Poetic and dreamy. I felt as if I was just floating on feelings, watching all the scenes play out, peeking in, sneaking in, eavesdropping on someone else’s life. Maise’s inner dialogue was that of an old soul, that of a little girl lost. I was completely swept up in her, following her, watching her and waiting. Beautiful, beautiful words on a page.Next, I will review this by first asking a question, probably more than one. Was this taboo? Was this wrong? Did I feel bad while reading this? Did I want them to be together or did I feel like they shouldn’t be? I guess in order to answer any of those questions you first have to ask the ultimate question. Is love wrong? True, strong, soul mates kind of love. Is that wrong? Do we really get a say in who we fall in love with? Especially in fiction, in the romances that I read I don’t think we do. I think that the point of these books is to give us the most perfect love story with the most perfect HEA. This book didn’t give me that necessarily but the last page of this book made me realize that no, love is not wrong and love is not perfect but if you get it, hold on tight to it, you may never get it like that again. The outside world will judge you but you have to look inside your soul to find the answers and do what is right for you, even if at the end of the day it is only right RIGHT NOW.This book pushed my boundaries. I have read quite a few hot for teacher books and most of them have been just that. Oh, they have been beautiful romances, I mean, Gabriel still pops into my head at least once a week, but mostly they didn’t feel taboo. They weren’t high school, they weren’t this young. So, that did push my boundaries. It was ok though mostly, as I said above, Maise was an old soul, but she was still young. This was not a hot for teacher book. This was a story about two very broken people who only wanted to find happiness, believe in happiness and one fairy tale night, on a roller coaster, at a traveling carnival saw hope and wanted nothing more than to just hold on. Circumstances be damned. Whether what they did in the eyes of outsiders was right or it was wrong I finished this book knowing that it just was and realized I was ok with that. A very beautifully written story that I am very happy to have had the chance to read.